Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hello again!

I am back from California and the trip was really fun. I got to see a lot of cool things. Texas never ended but Cali was beautiful.


This is the desert in CA.


I know its blurry but this is one of the vineyards we passed.


San Fransisco at Night
When I was there the weather was beautiful. It was in the low 80's and the breeze was awesome. It was really neat. Now its back to the grind stone.

Nick is back in classes and he is really excited about them this year. He is looking forward to discussions with the classmates and profs. He is really excited about this last year. I am too but its just strange. We are almost done with all this schooling. I can't believe that we are actually done...well almost. This Wednesday we have a meeting about the call process....which sounds like its going to start sooner than I thought. Its a little scary I must admit. But more exciting than scary. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

It is nice to be back in St. Louis. We get to see old friends and go to some places that we couldn't go to for the last year. Its also really weird because they tore out the bridge that goes over hwy 40 from our apartment. I used to know my way around the city and now I don't. They are also doing construction on the roads that I need to use and that is frustrating too. So I am relearning by trial and error. If I get lost I turn around. Its worked so far.

I am working at the Delmar Loop Starbucks. Its a very different store from my old one. Its going to take some time to get used to it. I miss the people from Moline a lot. They were really great. I also miss the drive thru. It was so much fun. Now I have a new challenge. Getting used to the store where everything is stored above my head. I need a ladder to get just about anything. I need to invest in some giant heels. That might not be safe though.

So thats all I've got so far. I'll update with pictures later.

No comments: