Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Don't Normally Do This

I'm shocked by this article. I found it while searching online at other things and I guess in the D.C. area busses are going to have ads from the American Humanist Association on them that say "Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness sake." They claim that its a way of advertising to "non-theists" because they are lonely during the Christmas season. 

Well yeah, I mean what's the point of celebrating a day of the year that is all about the birth of Jesus? Oh and the AHA also adds that they are "trying to plant a seed of rational thought and critical thinking and questioning in people's minds." So because I believe in God that means I'm stupid?  I don't have critical thinking skills???  Also that got me thinking too...because I'm not a "humanist" does that mean I'm against humans? How can humanists be all about humans but yet slam humans who believe in God and call them stupid. Thats not showing "responsibility to lead ethical lives of value to self and humanity."

All this talk reminds me of Expelled. Its frustrating.... GAH.

No comments: