Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


In order to try and get more organized and perhaps to save more money, I read a lot of different blogs and recently I've been reading orgjunkie.com. She plans her meals for each week on Sunday nights. So I thought I'd give it a shot. She is all fancy and has links to her recipes. A lot of times I just make them up as I go but I'll do the best I can.

This week seems like its going to be busy. I'm making meals that will make a lot of food so we can have leftovers a lot. Its ambitious but we'll give it a try.

Monday- Sesame Noodle Stir Fry (basic recipe here adding chicken and veggies to stretch it out)
Tuesday- Hot Dish (its pretty much what I call a generic cassarole. I take egg noodles, some sort of ground meat, some sort of veggie, and then a sauce or cream of something soup i have on hand. A true pantry meal and its never the same.)
Wednesday- Slow Cooker Chili (This recipe isn't made for the crockpot. I'm trying it out.)
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Leftovers or eatout?
Saturday- Spaghetti and Meatballs
Sunday- If any left leftovers or soup and sandwiches.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Perfect! Welcome to MPM! So glad you've joined us and I do hope you find menu planning helpful!